Leak Test Apparatus
The leak test apparatus is widely applied in the pharmaceutical industry for checking strips, blisters and bottles containing tablets, capsules, syrups and so on. It also find application in the food industry where it can be effectively used to check the air-tightness of sweet packets, ready-to-eat pre-packed foods, confectionery packaging, packs of noodles, sauces to name but a few. Samples are placed into the desiccator’s housing and the lid is placed in position.
The pump starts to produce a vacuum inside the desiccators and the vacuum is held for a pre-set time. The first issue is that he tested package should keep its shape during this test; otherwise the sealing is not correct. Secondly, as the package is immersed in a colored dye solution (normally Methylene Blue), the venting of the desiccators will allow any holes to be penetrated by the dye and the contents of the flexible packaging will also be stained with the same coloring material. Similarly small bottles can also be tested. A sheet of paper will absorb any leaking fluid.
The operation of the PT-LT leak tester could not be any easier. Once on and the sample placed in position, use the <SET>-key and select your “User ID”. Once this has been entered, press the <SET>-key once again and you can enter the “Sample ID”. This is an alphanumeric entry which can be up to 8 characters long. Using the <SET>-key once again allows you to enter the “Number of Samples”. Now enter the “Batch Number” (again with up to 8 characters) and then the “Vac Set”-level which goes up to a maximum of 699mmHg. Finally, use the <SET>-key to enter the “Hold Time” (up to a maximum of 99 minutes). Now press the <ENTER>-key to accept the entered data. Pressing the <RUN>key will now start the programmed sequence. The vacuum pump then generates a vacuum in the desiccator, holds it and then releases it using the time periods entered previously in the program.
- Test the integrity of strips, blisters and bottles
- Large LCD shows vacuum and electronic countdown timer
- Enter all test parameters such as date, time, user ID and sample ID
- Set vacuum and trip vacuum can be set via the keypad
- Built-in rugged, oil-free vacuum pump
- Automatic slow vacuum release from the desiccators
- Printer port for parallel dot-matrix printers
- Automated print-out of test report
- Ensure the quality of your packaging process
- Easy operation by programmed sequence
- Fully automated microprocessor controlled equipment
- Stainless steel housing to fit well into a production area
- IQ/OQ documents included free of charge