Featuring top quality and detailed precision, Biometra thermal cyclers make your lab workday easier and ensure excellent results.
More than 30 Years PCR Competence for Research and Routine Use
In the Analytik Jena thermal cycler portfolio, every user will find the right device: The Biometra product family offers PCR devices ranging from standard to premium equipment – all designed in line with the common principles of being reliable, convenient, and precise.
- Designed for error-free use in versatile laboratory environments: universal block design and heating lid with High-Performance Smart Lid (HPSL) technology for unrestricted use of different plastic containers and plates
- Easily optimize your PCR protocols using the Linear Gradient Function (LGT)
- Full reliability of your results: The high-precision block temperature control system provides high heating and cooling rates and excellent temperature homogeneity for constant conditions across all sample positions.
Tradition Meets Innovation
Analytik Jena can look back on a long tradition of developing high-quality, highly precise analytical systems. The Biometra thermal cyclers stand for high-performance sample blocks. Amplification results are always excellent and reliable with ideal reproducibility.
The Biometra thermal cycler family offers a range of high-quality models to meet individual user needs. All models can also be controlled and monitored live from the desk via the optional Biometra TSuite thermal cycler management software.
Users looking for a premium system will find their desired device in the Biometra TAdvanced. The flexible high-quality thermal cycler with the block quick-change system and 12 different block modules, blocks for 0.2 mL tubes/plates, 0.5 mL tubes and 384 well plates. High heating rates of up to 6 °C/s in aluminum blocks and up to 8 °C/s in silver blocks can be achieved due to optimal temperature control. An extended user management offers individual user rights for up to 90 users.
Innovation and Experience for the Best PCR Results
Essential for research – gradient function
For rapid success, it is essential to have suitable tools at hand. For polymerase chain reactions (PCR), optimization of the annealing temperatures is crucial when it comes to achieving accurate results. In the Biometra TOne and Biometra TAdvanced systems, a temperature gradient over the long side of the block is realized as linearly as possible through special block construction and precise electronics. Users only need to enter the desired temperature step size and the annealing temperature for the middle of the block.
- Optimization of the PCR protocol for new primer pairs in one run
- Optimal annealing temperatures lead to the best specificity and yield
- Easy transfer of results thanks to largely linear temperature steps from column to column
- Quality through design, innovation and experiences
Biometra thermal cyclers are designed so users can rely on their results. The data accuracy of these systems pairs exceedingly well with its easy to use design.
- The excellent temperature uniformity and the fast heating and cooling rates guarantee the essential reproducibility of the amplicons for subsequent application steps, e.g. in the preparation of DNA libraries for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- A sophisticated temperature control system without exceeding or falling below the target temperature ensures transparency and maximum experimental reproducibility in all block positions.
- The High-Performance Smart Lid (HPSL) ensures uniform temperatures and no condensation in the cover/block space, regardless of the plastic materials used.
- The extremely quiet operation allows for the use of a large number of cyclers in labs with office areas.
- A broad range of PCR plastics can be used due to the universal block design and adjusting cover pressure.
- Everybody finds the right thermocycler for themselves from the range of block materials and formats.
- The instruments come with low space requirements thanks to an efficient air flow design