These furnaces use Molybdenum Disilicide (MoSi2) heating elements with free radiating U-shaped design, suspended from the roof of the chamber. The heaters ensure rapid heat up and excellent temperature uniformity. The furnace chamber, heating elements, hearth plate and chamber threshold are designed to be easily replaced if they become worn out.
An air gap between the heated chamber exterior and furnace exterior surface is designed to minimize the external surface temperature of the furnace.
- 1700°C or 1800°C maximum operating temperature (continuous operating temperature is 100°C below maximum temperature)
- Molybdenum Disilicide (MoSi2) heating elements with free radiating u-shaped design, suspended from the roof of the chamber
- Thermcraft SmartControl touch screen PID control system (see control system descriptions)
- Independent high limit over temperature controller is standard (see control system descriptions)
- Long life Inconel sheathed Type B thermocouple
- Heated chamber volume up to 42L
- 10′ (3m) power cables
- Furnace and controller ship fully assembled and ready for connection to incoming power supply
- The SmartControl can be upgraded to include profile programming, data acquisition and communications. These options can be purchased individually or separately and can also be purchased as an upgrade after the unit has been shipped and installed
- Inlet and outlet fittings for gas purging
- Exhaust pipe for fume extraction
- Eurotherm 2404 series controls and communications upgrades
- Custom options and upgrades available upon request, such as output control of external devices, actuators, flow controllers, etc. (extends delivery time)